Power Line Electrocution Ends Life of Good Samaritan (David Katterhenry)

  • Sumo

A Good Samaritan from Jacksonville, Florida was tragically killed by electric shock after he touched power lines that had been downed by a motorist the Good Samaritan was trying to help. The motorist was a 19-year-old woman. The accident occurred during the morning when the woman swerved to miss a deer causing her to strike a power pole, splitting the pole in half. The power pole was carrying more than 14,400 volts of electricity.
The Good Samaritan, identified as David Katterhenry, 52, stopped to help the motorist and was electrocuted as he approached the vehicle. Katterhenry’s girlfriend was a passenger in his car, she was uninjured. According to Katterhenry’s sister, in a discussion with police, the woman motorist was calling out to Katterhenry to help her out of the vehicle. As Katterhenry was approaching the car, he stepped over one power line but then touched another one. Katterhenry had one son and was an engineer at Vistakon. If you would like to read more on this story please see Jacksonville, Florida Good Samaritan killed by electric shock.
The death of this man is a tragedy for his family and his community. Drivers on Florida roadways need to take extra precautions. If you observe an accident or collision on Florida roadways, contact authorities immediately. The sooner local authorities as well as emergency and fire rescue units arrive, the better and safer for all parties involved. If the drivers in the accident or collision are responsive remind them to remain calm and that help is on the way.

This entry was posted in Automobile Accidents, Burn and Fire Injuries, Fire and Burn Injuries. Bookmark the permalink.