Tragic Death of Rebecca Hawk Resulted from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

  • Sumo

fire%20rescue%20red%20paramedic%20vehicle.jpg
A 23 year old a Jacksonville , Florida Forrest High School graduate died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Rebecca Hawk and her roommate were found unconscious in their Tampa, Florida apartment. Both women were taken to a local hospital were Hawk was pronounced dead. Hawk’s roommate survived. Both Hawk and her roommate were sleeping when they were exposed to carbon monoxide. A 22 year old neighbor left his car running overnight for about 12 hours in a garage that was attached to Hawk’s bedroom.
Carbon monoxide is a odorless and colorless gas that can kill in minutes. Several hundreds of people die from accidental exposure to carbon monoxide each year. There are many things that can do to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Each year you should have your fuel burning appliances inspected by a trained professional. Make sure you fireplace and chimney are in good working order. Remember – never leave a car idling in the garage. You should never use an outdoor grill indoors. There is a simple device known as a carbon monoxide detector that can be used as a back up device, but remember to use common sense and follow the rules provided by the United States Environmental Protection Agency when it comes to avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning. For more information see, Tragic Death of Rebecca Hawk Resulted From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

This entry was posted in Wrongful Death. Bookmark the permalink.